Generic Name and Formulations:
Bezlotoxumab 25mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for ZINPLAVA:
To reduce recurrence of Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) in patients who are receiving antibacterial drug treatment of CDI and are at high risk for CDI recurrence.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treating CDI. Use only in conjunction with antibacterial drug treatment of CDI.
Infuse over 60mins. ≥18yrs: a single dose of 10mg/kg.
<18yrs: not established.
History of CHF. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Human IgG1 monoclonal antibody.
Nausea, pyrexia, headache, infusion-related reactions; heart failure.
Single-dose vial (40mL)—1
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis