ZEGERID OTC OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Omeprazole 20mg, sodium bicarbonate 1100mg; per cap; contains 303mg Na+/cap.
Bayer Corp, Consumer Care Div.
Indications for ZEGERID OTC:
Frequent heartburn (≥2 days/week). Not intended for immediate relief of heartburn (may take 1–4 days for full effect).
Swallow whole. Take at least 1 hour before eating in the AM. ≥18yrs: one capsule daily for 14 days; may repeat 14-day course every 4 months.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Trouble or pain swallowing food. Vomiting with blood. Bloody or black stools.
Heartburn >3 months. Chest or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck, or shoulders; or lightheadedness. Wheezing. Unexplained weight loss. Nausea/vomiting. Stomach pain. Sodium-restricted diets. Discontinue and reevaluate if condition continues or worsens after 14 days, require >1 course of treatment every 4 months; diarrhea, rash, or joint pain develops. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Proton pump inhibitor + antacid.
May affect or be affected by blood-thinning agents (eg, warfarin, clopidogrel, cilostazol), antifungals, digoxin, diazepam, tacrolimus, mycophenolate mofetil, antiretrovirals, methotrexate.
Caps—14, 28, 42
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain