XYLOCAINE MPF INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine HCl 5mg/mL, 10mg/mL, 15mg/mL, 20mg/mL, 40mg/mL; soln.
Fresenius Kabi USA
Indications for XYLOCAINE MPF INJECTION:
Local or regional anesthesia for infiltration and nerve block (see literature).
See literature for recommended dosages based on procedures. Epidural anesthesia: administer test dose first; monitor for CNS or cardiovascular toxicity. For all procedures: Max total dose: 4.5mg/kg not to exceed 300mg; epidural or caudal anesthesia should not be administered at intervals <90 minutes. Paracervical block: max 200mg total per 90 minute period. Elderly, debilitated, acutely ill (eg, cardiac or liver disease): reduce dose.
<3yrs: individualize based on weight and age. >3yrs: usual max dose: 1.5–2mg/lb. See literature for dosages specific to procedures.
To be administered under the supervision of experienced clinicians. Have intubation, artificial respiration, oxygen therapy and reversal agents available. Intra-articular infusions: not recommended. Avoid intravascular inj. Avoid methylparaben with spinal or epidural anesthesia. Monitor cardiovascular and respiratory vital signs. Severe shock. Heart block. Neurological disease. Spinal deformities. Septicemia. Severe hypertension. Hepatic disease. Impaired cardiovascular function. Malignant hyperthermia. Head and neck administration. Labor & delivery: see literature. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
CNS effects (eg, lightheadedness, confusion), cardiovascular effects (eg, bradycardia, hypotension, cardiovascular collpase), hypersensitivity reactions, headache, backache, nausea, increased creatinine phosphokinase.
Multi-dose vial (10mL, 20mL)—1, 5
Multi-dose vial (50mL)—1
MPF ampules (2mL, 5mL)—10
MPF ampules (30mL)—5
MPF single-dose vial (2mL, 5mL)—10
MPF single-dose vial (30mL, 50mL)—1
MPF Polyamp Duofit Sterile Pack (10mL, 20mL)—5
MPF Sterile Pack SD Vial (30mL)—5
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Higher PainDETECT Scores, Neuropathic Pain Preoperatively May Increase Risk for Chronic Pain Post-TKR
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Erenumab Reduces Monthly Migraine Days in Patients With Treatment-Resistant Migraine
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- Communication-Based Intervention Increases Goals-of-Care Discussions Between Physicians, Patients With Serious Illness