Generic Name and Formulations:
Uridine triacetate 2g; oral granules (95% w/w); per pkt; orange-flavored.
Wellstat Therapeutics Corp.
Indications for XURIDEN:
Replacement therapy for hereditary orotic aciduria.
Adults and Children:
Mix in 3–4oz of applesauce, pudding or yogurt. Swallow mixture immediately; do not chew granules. Drink at least 4oz of water. Also: can be mixed with milk or infant formula for up to 2g (¾ tsp) dose. Initially 60mg/kg once daily. Increase to 120mg/kg once daily for insufficient efficacy; max 8g/day. Weight-based dosing: see full labeling.
Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Pharmacologically Induced Headache Accompanied by Dilated Cephalic Vessels
- IV Lidocaine May Be Safe, Efficacious for Pediatric Status Migraine
- Gray Matter Changes in Migraine Associated With Clinical Characteristics