XIFAXAN 200mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Rifaximin 200mg; tabs.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for XIFAXAN 200mg:
Travelers' diarrhea due to noninvasive E. coli. Limitations of use: not for use if diarrhea is accompanied by fever or blood in stool, or if causative agent other than E. coli may be suspected (eg, C. jejuni, Shigella spp., Salmonella spp.).
200mg 3 times daily for 3 days.
Discontinue and reevaluate if diarrhea worsens or persists >24–48hrs. Not for treating systemic infections. Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh C). Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by P-gp inhibitors (eg, cyclosporine); caution. Monitor INR and PT with warfarin; dose adjustment may be needed.
Flatulence, headache, abdominal pain, rectal tenesmus, defecation urgency, nausea.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis