Investigators pooled data from 2 phase 3 placebo-controlled studies to evaluate the safety and efficacy of lofexidine for opioid withdrawal symptoms.
Once-weekly subcutaneous buprenorphine injections block the euphoric effects of opioids and suppress opioid withdrawal in patients with opioid use disorder.
In patients with chronic migraine and medication overuse, patients who frequently relapse into overuse following withdrawal have a worse clinical and psychological profile than patients who relapse less frequently.
Practices pertaining to the use of methadone to facilitate opioid weaning in pediatric patients are widely heterogeneous.
An 8-day detoxification process using low-dose oral naltrexone showed superior efficacy to the standard 15-day approach that uses an agonist taper leading to induction with extended-release naltrexone
In babies born in withdrawal from drugs their mothers have taken, buprenorphine may be more effective than methadone at reducing duration of treatment and length of hospital stay.
No increased risk for opioid withdrawal observed among patients on full mu-opioid agonist therapy who were switched to a buprenorphine buccal film without tapering.
Sustained release formula efficacious, with no indication of opioid withdrawal or increase in pain.
TEAS treatment for 10 days alleviates withdrawal syndrome, cuts rescue opioid requirement.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Population Study
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis