Researchers deployed a survey to individuals who had received treatment for opioid use disorder to assess their use of buprenorphine.
Investigators pooled data from 2 phase 3 placebo-controlled studies to evaluate the safety and efficacy of lofexidine for opioid withdrawal symptoms.
Once-weekly subcutaneous buprenorphine injections block the euphoric effects of opioids and suppress opioid withdrawal in patients with opioid use disorder.
In patients with chronic migraine and medication overuse, patients who frequently relapse into overuse following withdrawal have a worse clinical and psychological profile than patients who relapse less frequently.
Practices pertaining to the use of methadone to facilitate opioid weaning in pediatric patients are widely heterogeneous.
An 8-day detoxification process using low-dose oral naltrexone showed superior efficacy to the standard 15-day approach that uses an agonist taper leading to induction with extended-release naltrexone
In babies born in withdrawal from drugs their mothers have taken, buprenorphine may be more effective than methadone at reducing duration of treatment and length of hospital stay.
No increased risk for opioid withdrawal observed among patients on full mu-opioid agonist therapy who were switched to a buprenorphine buccal film without tapering.
Sustained release formula efficacious, with no indication of opioid withdrawal or increase in pain.
TEAS treatment for 10 days alleviates withdrawal syndrome, cuts rescue opioid requirement.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Supervised Injection Sites: Facts, Information, Pros, and Cons
- Chronic Pain May Be a Contributing Factor to Suicide
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Lower Weighting of Hand Cortical Representations in CRPS
- Predicting Success of Focal Nerve Surgery Based on Diagnostic Block Response
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- FDA Announces Draft Guidance for Consumer OTC Access to Previously Prescription Drugs
- Maryland Legislature: Will Federal Courts Permit State Regulation of Drug Prices?