Weight loss may result in improved pain, symptom severity, depression, and fibromyalgia scores in patients with obesity.
Patients who are obese and experience knee pain were found to have improved pressure pain threshold at the patella and the wrist after weight loss associated with bariatric surgery vs medical management.
One physician shares his thoughts on whether wearable fitness technology is benefiting our health.
A behavioral weight loss strategy confers benefits similar to those of migraine education in reducing the frequency of migraine headaches.
Patients with osteoarthritis who achieved a >10% weight loss were found to have reduced cartilage degeneration, compared with patients achieving only moderate or no weight loss.
Weight loss was shown to decrease diffuse pain and symptom severity related to pain, with more reductions observed with greater weight loss.
Most primary care physicians can't identify all 11 risk factors for prediabetes, and it's important to address gaps in knowledge.
Weight gain during early to middle adulthood is associated with an increased risk of major chronic diseases and decreases the likelihood of healthy aging.
A prescription weight-loss drug reduced the urge to use opiates like oxycodone.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer