Weight loss may result in improved pain, symptom severity, depression, and fibromyalgia scores in patients with obesity.
Patients who are obese and experience knee pain were found to have improved pressure pain threshold at the patella and the wrist after weight loss associated with bariatric surgery vs medical management.
One physician shares his thoughts on whether wearable fitness technology is benefiting our health.
A behavioral weight loss strategy confers benefits similar to those of migraine education in reducing the frequency of migraine headaches.
Patients with osteoarthritis who achieved a >10% weight loss were found to have reduced cartilage degeneration, compared with patients achieving only moderate or no weight loss.
Weight loss was shown to decrease diffuse pain and symptom severity related to pain, with more reductions observed with greater weight loss.
Most primary care physicians can't identify all 11 risk factors for prediabetes, and it's important to address gaps in knowledge.
Weight gain during early to middle adulthood is associated with an increased risk of major chronic diseases and decreases the likelihood of healthy aging.
A prescription weight-loss drug reduced the urge to use opiates like oxycodone.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Replacing Sleep, Sedentary Behavior With Physical Activity Beneficial in Knee Osteoarthritis
- The Role of Psychological Factors in Phantom Limb Pain Reviewed
- FDA Outlines Plan for New Analgesic Guidance to Combat Opioid Crisis
- Ozone vs Corticosteroids May Provide Longer-Lasting Effects for Plantar Fasciitis
- Opioid Use Stable in Past Decade Among Commercially Insured, Medicare Beneficiaries
- Ketamine: Mechanisms of Action, Uses in Pain Medicine, and Side Effects
- Cannabis May Be Effective for Migraine Treatment
- Medicinal Cannabis May Not Have Opioid-Sparing Effects in Chronic Noncancer Pain
- Integrating Psychological Interventions Into Chronic Pain Management
- Chronic Neck Pain: Generators, Clinical Examination, MRI Findings, and Differential Diagnosis
- Pregabalin May Not Improve Analgesia During Medical Abortion
- Investigational Treatment Shows Promise in Chronic Low Back Pain
- Rheumatologist-Assessed vs Criteria for Inflammatory Back Pain in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Incorporating Guidelines Into Clinical Practice: An Interview With Gary L. LeRoy, MD
- Pain Severity May Partly Mediate the Association Between Depression and Physical Performance in Knee OA