Weight loss may result in improved pain, symptom severity, depression, and fibromyalgia scores in patients with obesity.
Patients who are obese and experience knee pain were found to have improved pressure pain threshold at the patella and the wrist after weight loss associated with bariatric surgery vs medical management.
One physician shares his thoughts on whether wearable fitness technology is benefiting our health.
A behavioral weight loss strategy confers benefits similar to those of migraine education in reducing the frequency of migraine headaches.
Patients with osteoarthritis who achieved a >10% weight loss were found to have reduced cartilage degeneration, compared with patients achieving only moderate or no weight loss.
Weight loss was shown to decrease diffuse pain and symptom severity related to pain, with more reductions observed with greater weight loss.
Most primary care physicians can't identify all 11 risk factors for prediabetes, and it's important to address gaps in knowledge.
Weight gain during early to middle adulthood is associated with an increased risk of major chronic diseases and decreases the likelihood of healthy aging.
A prescription weight-loss drug reduced the urge to use opiates like oxycodone.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation
- FDA Proposes New Restrictions on Sale of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds