Weight loss may result in improved pain, symptom severity, depression, and fibromyalgia scores in patients with obesity.
Patients who are obese and experience knee pain were found to have improved pressure pain threshold at the patella and the wrist after weight loss associated with bariatric surgery vs medical management.
One physician shares his thoughts on whether wearable fitness technology is benefiting our health.
A behavioral weight loss strategy confers benefits similar to those of migraine education in reducing the frequency of migraine headaches.
Patients with osteoarthritis who achieved a >10% weight loss were found to have reduced cartilage degeneration, compared with patients achieving only moderate or no weight loss.
Weight loss was shown to decrease diffuse pain and symptom severity related to pain, with more reductions observed with greater weight loss.
Most primary care physicians can't identify all 11 risk factors for prediabetes, and it's important to address gaps in knowledge.
Weight gain during early to middle adulthood is associated with an increased risk of major chronic diseases and decreases the likelihood of healthy aging.
A prescription weight-loss drug reduced the urge to use opiates like oxycodone.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Reviewing the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Cannabis-Based Medicines for Chronic Neuropathic Pain
- Femoral Nerve Block Alone or in Combination With Sciatic Nerve Block for TKA: A Meta-Analysis
- Tackling the Chronic Pain and Opioid Use Disorder Crises Through Public-Private Partnerships
- How the City of San Francisco Is Tackling the Intertwined HIV/HCV and Opioid Epidemics
- The State of Drug Storage, Disposal Labeling Information for Opioid Analgesics
- Radiofrequency Ablation for Chronic Hip Pain: Reviewing the Evidence
- Opioid Use Disorder Treatment: Evidence-Based Guideline
- Betel Quid Addiction and Implications for Substance Use Disorder
- Low Back Pain: Contributing Factors, Prophylactic Strategies, and Effective Treatments
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation May Prevent Migraine in Adolescents
- Widespread Impact of Reducing Opioids, Adding IV Acetaminophen for Postsurgical Pain Management
- GI Safety Compared for NSAIDs in Patients With Arthritis
- Opioid Prescribing Trends in Patients With, Without Cancer
- DOJ Rescinds Protections Afforded by Americans With Disabilities Act