VOLTAREN OPH SOLN Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Diclofenac sodium 0.1%.
Indications for VOLTAREN OPH SOLN:
Post-op inflammation after cataract extraction. Photophobia and pain in corneal refractive surgery.
Cataract surgery: 1 drop 4 times daily beginning 24 hrs post-op for 2 weeks. Corneal refractive surgery: 1–2 drops within the hour prior to surgery, then within 15 minutes post-op, then 4 times daily for up to 3 days.
Bleeding tendencies. Complicated or repeat ocular surguries. Corneal defects/denervation. Ocular surface diseases. Rheumatoid arthritis. Diabetes. May delay wound healing. Monitor cornea; discontinue if corneal epithelial breakdown occurs. Should not be used by patients currently wearing soft contact lenses. Monitor refractive stability for 1 year. Pregnancy (Cat.C); avoid during late pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with medications that prolong bleeding time. Concomitant use of topical steroids may increase potential for healing problems.
Burning, stinging, dry eye, other ocular effects, increased bleeding (including hyphemas).
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- FDA Approves Minimally-Invasive, Non-Drug Therapy for Pain Management
- Chronic Migraine and Medication Overuse Headache Linked to Stress
- Set of Personality Traits May Predict Prescription Drug Use, Misuse in Young Adults
- The Opioid Crisis: District by District
- Opioid Administration, Prescribing in the ED on the Decline in Recent Years