Generic Name and Formulations:
Oral typhoid vaccine live, attenuated strain Ty21a; e-c caps.
Indications for VIVOTIF:
Immunization against typhoid fever.
Adults and Children:
Do not crush or chew. Give 1 hour before a meal with cold or lukewarm (not >body temp) drink. Complete therapy at least 1 week before expected exposure; may repeat every 5yrs. <6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: 1 cap every other day for a total of 4 doses.
Acute febrile or GI illness. Immunocompromised states. Concomitant antibiotics (suboptimal response).
Defer in active infection, fever, persistent diarrhea, or vomiting. Exposure to contaminated food and water should be avoided. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Nausea, abdominal cramps, vomiting, rash, urticaria (all infrequent and transient).
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis