Generic Name and Formulations:
Vit.A (as beta carotene) 2700 IU, thiamine 1.6mg, riboflavin 1.8mg, niacinamide 18mg, pyridoxine 2.5mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit.B12 12mcg, Vit.C 70mg, Vit.D 400 IU, Vit.E 30 IU, calcium (as carbonate) 100mg, copper (as oxide) 2mg, iron (as ferrous fumarate) 65mg, magnesium (as oxide) 25mg, zinc (as oxide) 25mg; caplets; gluten-, lactose-, iodine-, sugar-free.
Indications for VITAFOL-OB:
Nutritional supplement in pregnancy, prenatal, and postnatal periods.
1 cap daily.
Pernicious anemia. Hemochromatosis. Iron storage disease. Chronic hemolytic anemia. Pyridoxine responsive anemia. Liver cirrhosis.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. Overactive thyroid. Hypercalcemia. Hyperparathyroidism. Soy allergy. DHA: bleeding diatheses.
Iron, calcium block tetracycline absorption. Iodine with anti-thyroid drugs may cause hypothyroidism. Iodine with antihypertensives may increase potassium. Folic acid antagonizes methotrexate, anticonvulsants (eg, carbamazepine, fosphenytoin, phenytoin, phenobarbital, valproic acid). Separate dosing of zinc with antibiotics at least 2hrs apart. DHA: avoid anticoagulants.
GI upset, skin ailments, glucose abnormalities, visual problems.
Caplets—100; Softgel caps—30;
DHA (6 blister cards [5 caplets + 5 gel caps])—30-day supply
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis