Generic Name and Formulations:
Uridine triacetate 10g; oral granules (95% w/w); per pkt; orange-flavored.
Wellstat Therapeutics Corp.
Indications for VISTOGARD:
Emergency treatment following a fluorouracil (5-FU) or capecitabine overdose regardless of the presence of symptoms or exhibits early-onset, severe or life-threatening toxicity affecting the cardiac or central nervous system, and/or early-onset, unusually severe adverse reactions within 96hrs following the end of 5-FU or capecitabine administration.
Limitations Of use:
Not for non-emergent treatment of adverse reactions associated with 5-FU or capecitabine. Safety and efficacy not been established for initiation >96hrs after 5-FU or capecitabine therapy.
10g (1pkt) every 6hrs for 20 doses. Mix in 3–4oz of applesauce, pudding or yogurt and ingest within 30mins; do not chew granules. Drink at least 4oz of water. Also: can give via NG tube or G-tube if necessary: see full labeling.
Base dose on body surface area; see full labeling. 6.2g/m2 (max 10g) per dose every 6hrs for 20 doses. Mix in 3–4oz of applesauce, pudding or yogurt and ingest within 30mins; do not chew granules. Drink at least 4oz of water. Also: can give via NG tube or G-tube if necessary: see full labeling.
Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea.
Single-use packets—4, 20
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioids: Clinician Concern and Prescribing Practices
- Quantity of Opioids Prescribed Linked to Higher Patient-Reported Consumption
- Ensuring Safety During Long-Term Opioid Therapy
- Screening for Hyperglycemia Prior to Steroid Injections for Chronic Pain
- Drug Overdose Mortality Rates Rising in the United States
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Intervention by Pharmacists May Effectively Reduce Use of Inappropriate Medications in the Elderly
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency
- Give Thanks: The Role of Gratitude in Combating Burnout
- Persistent Back Pain Linked to Earlier Mortality in Older Women
- Cannabinoids May Be Effective on Experimental Pain Threshold and Tolerance, Not Intensity
- PainDETECT May Not Be Optimal to Detect Neuropathic Components of Orofacial Pain