The National Vaccine Advisory Committee highlighted 5 core concepts and strategies that can increase integration of social psychological components with health communication principles to improve the perceived benefits of adult vaccination.
About 50 employees have been fired from Essentia Health, a Duluth, Minnesota-based hospital chain, for refusing to receive the flu vaccination.
A healthcare provider's recommendation is the strongest factor in influencing an elderly person's decision to become vaccinated.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Replacing Sleep, Sedentary Behavior With Physical Activity Beneficial in Knee Osteoarthritis
- The Role of Psychological Factors in Phantom Limb Pain Reviewed
- FDA Outlines Plan for New Analgesic Guidance to Combat Opioid Crisis
- Ozone vs Corticosteroids May Provide Longer-Lasting Effects for Plantar Fasciitis
- Opioid Use Stable in Past Decade Among Commercially Insured, Medicare Beneficiaries
- Ketamine: Mechanisms of Action, Uses in Pain Medicine, and Side Effects
- Cannabis May Be Effective for Migraine Treatment
- Medicinal Cannabis May Not Have Opioid-Sparing Effects in Chronic Noncancer Pain
- Integrating Psychological Interventions Into Chronic Pain Management
- Chronic Neck Pain: Generators, Clinical Examination, MRI Findings, and Differential Diagnosis
- Pregabalin May Not Improve Analgesia During Medical Abortion
- Investigational Treatment Shows Promise in Chronic Low Back Pain
- Rheumatologist-Assessed vs Criteria for Inflammatory Back Pain in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Incorporating Guidelines Into Clinical Practice: An Interview With Gary L. LeRoy, MD
- Pain Severity May Partly Mediate the Association Between Depression and Physical Performance in Knee OA