Generic Name and Formulations:
Methenamine 118mg, sodium phosphate monobasic 40.8mg, phenyl salicylate 36mg, methylene blue 10mg, hyoscyamine sulfate 0.12mg; caps.
Mission Pharmacal Company
Indications for URIBEL:
Treatment of symptoms of irritative voiding. Relief of local symptoms due to lower UTIs or diagnostic procedures.
1 cap 4 times daily.
≤6yrs: not recommended. >6yrs: individualize dose.
Cardiac disease. GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Myasthenia gravis.
Discontinue if rapid pulse, dizziness, or blurred vision occurs. Gastric ulcers. Maintain acid urine and adequate hydration. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Urinary tract analgesic/antispasmodic/antiseptic.
Allow at least 2 hours after ketoconazole. May be potentiated by antimuscarinics, MAOIs. Reduced intestinal motility with antimyasthenics. Increased risk of severe constipation with opioids. May be antagonized by thiazide diuretics, urinary alkalinizers. Separate dosing of antacids, antidiarrheals by 1 hour. May reduce absorption of other drugs. Sulfonamides precipitate with formaldehyde in urine; avoid concomitant use.
Rapid pulse, flushing, blurred vision, dizziness, shortness of breath, acute urinary retention, difficult micturition, dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, discolored urine/feces.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis