Generic Name and Formulations:
Benzyl alcohol 5%; lotion.
Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Indications for ULESFIA:
Adults and Children:
<6months: not recommended. ≥6months: Apply sufficient amount to dry hair to completely saturate scalp and hair. Short hair: 4–8oz; Medium length: 8–24oz; Long hair: 24–48oz. After 10 minutes, thoroughly rinse off with water. Repeat after 7 days. Wash hands after application.
Avoid contact with eyes. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Ocular irritation, application site reactions (eg, irritation, anesthesia, hypoesthesia), contact dermatitis, pruritus.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Pharmacologically Induced Headache Accompanied by Dilated Cephalic Vessels
- IV Lidocaine May Be Safe, Efficacious for Pediatric Status Migraine
- Gray Matter Changes in Migraine Associated With Clinical Characteristics