TRIAMINIC MULTI-SYMPTOM FEVER OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextromethorphan HBr 7.5mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 1mg, acetaminophen 160mg; per 5mL; alcohol-free; bubble gum-flavored liq; contains sodium 6mg/5mL.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for TRIAMINIC MULTI-SYMPTOM FEVER:
Cough, fever, sore throat, allergy symptoms, headache, minor aches and pains.
<4yrs: do not use. 4–6yrs: individualize. 6–12yrs: 10mL every 6 hours as needed; max 4 doses/24 hours.
Children <4yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products. For use as a sedative hypnotic.
Liver disease. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist for ≥3 days.
Antitussive + antihistamine + analgesic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA Takes Steps to Reconcile Needs of Patients With Chronic Pain, Efforts to Curb Opioid Epidemic
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Neuropathic Symptoms Worsen Quality of Life, Function in Hip, Knee Osteoarthritis
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Switching From Buprenorphine-Naltrexone to XR-Naltrexone as Effective as XR-Naltrexone
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Human Diagnosis Project Aims to Address Challenges Among Uninsured
- Healthcare Technology Affects Younger Patient Satisfaction
- FDA Announces New Drug Shortages Task Force