TRIAMINIC DAYTIME COLD & COUGH OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextromethorphan HBr 5mg, phenylephrine HCl 2.5mg; per 5mL; liq; cherry-flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 2mg/5mL.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for TRIAMINIC DAYTIME COLD & COUGH:
Cough and congestion.
<4yrs: do not use. 4–6yrs: 5mL. 6–12yrs: 10mL. Repeat every 4hrs as needed; max 6 doses/24hrs.
Children <4yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders.
Antitussive + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antagonizes guanethidine, other antihypertensives.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Pharmacologically Induced Headache Accompanied by Dilated Cephalic Vessels
- IV Lidocaine May Be Safe, Efficacious for Pediatric Status Migraine
- Gray Matter Changes in Migraine Associated With Clinical Characteristics