TRIAMINIC COLD & ALLERGY OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1mg, phenylephrine HCl 2.5mg; per 5mL; liq; alcohol-free; orange-flavored; contains sodium 3mg/5mL.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for TRIAMINIC COLD & ALLERGY:
Rhinorrhea, congestion, allergy symptoms.
<4yrs: do not use. 4–6yrs: individualize. 6–12yrs: 10mL. Repeat every 4 hours as needed; max 6 doses/24 hours.
Children <4yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. For use as a sedative hypnotic.
Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, dizziness, nervousness, insomnia, excitability in children.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain