Researchers reviewed evidence relating to the benefits and harms of cranial electrical stimulation for adults with chronic painful conditions, depression, anxiety, and insomnia.
For patients with chronic fatigue syndrome/fibromyalgia or rheumatoid arthritis, morphine has anti-hyperalgesic effects comparable with placebo.
For patients presenting to the emergency department in pain, who are subsequently admitted to the hospital, the cost per hour in moderate or severe pain averted is higher for patient-controlled analgesia vs standard care.
Naldemedine, a recently approved agent for opioid-induced constipation, showed good safety and significantly higher responder rates than placebo in a couple of 12-week, international, randomized trials.
Combination of a motivational interviewing and enhanced brochures successful in reducing behaviors associated with opioid overdose.
These compounded sterile products are used for a variety of indications and are packaged in bags, syringes and cad cassettes.
Improved odds seen for patients with colon, prostate, or breast tumors, but research isn't definitive.
Benefits for primary prevention of CVD, CRC for certain adults aged 50 to 69 years.
New research suggests that Americans lack a basic understanding of NSAIDs.
The FDA has announced the steps it plans to take in order to expand the use of abuse-deterrent opioids.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer