TRAVATAN Z Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Travoprost 0.004%; oph soln; contains sofZia (boric acid, propylene glycol, sorbitol, zinc chloride).
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for TRAVATAN Z:
Reduction of elevated intraocular pressure in open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
≥16yrs: 1 drop once daily in the PM.
<16yrs: not recommended.
Do not exceed recommended dose. Active intraocular inflammation. Aphakia. Pseudophakia with torn posterior lens capsule. Risk factors for macular edema. Benzalkonium chloride may be absorbed by contact lenses (remove; may reinsert lenses 15mins after administration). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Allow at least 5mins between application of other topical ophthalmic agents.
Ocular hyperemia, decreased visual acuity, eye discomfort, pain or itching, foreign body sensation, other local reactions; increased ocular pigmentation (iris, eyelid, eyelashes; may be permanent), other eyelash changes, abnormal vision, blepharitis, cataract, conjunctivitis, keratitis, photophobia, allergy, angina, bradycardia, headache.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis