The opportunity exists to radically change the way medicine approaches TBI.
An anti-inflammatory diet may protect women against bone density loss and decrease the risk of hip fracture.
Elevated levels of neurofilament light proteins and decreased amyloid β in the CSF may represent markers of CNS injury among patients with postconcussive syndrome.
Acupuncture is more effective than standard care in relieving TBI-associated headaches and pain.
Despite legislation, there is a longer wait time for vital acute-care medications.
Many patients significantly underestimated their daytime sleepiness and sleep need.
Chronic hypopituitarism was noted in 44% of US veterans with mild traumatic brain injury.
Machine-learning platform uses entire shape of cerebral blood flow velocity waveforms.
A new study presented at the AAN 68th Annual Meeting in Vancouver, Canada, is shedding more light on the incidence and impact of traumatic injuries in NFL players.
There was also a significant difference in hospital costs between the discharged and admitted patients, with an average increase in $4291.50 for admitted patients.
Compared to traditional surgical drills, piezosurgery devices reduce trauma, pain, and swelling in patients undergoing plastic surgery of the chin (genioplasty), according to new research.
Rehabilitation following traumatic spinal cord injuries may lead to better outcomes, according to new research.
Wrist injuries are common after a fall on an outstretched hand, but ligament tears should also be considered in adults.
Both formulations offer an alternative delivery of the active drug ingredient.
Multiple instances of brain trauma do not always result in the development of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE).
Preschool children may be confused by scales designed for older children, and their responses may be idiosyncratic and hard to interpret.
Daily mild concussions in mice resulted in inflammation and damage to the brain's white matter.
Several studies suggest athletes undergo head trauma through the course of a season.
Researchers urge caution in weighing risks and benefits.
Acknowledging it is a key to coping, researchers say.
Fibrocartilage tissue in the knee consists of a more varied molecular structure than was previously realized
Notifying patients of potential winter storm-related harms ahead of time may help reduce injuries during blizzard-like conditions.
Researchers examined a variety of clinical, laboratory, and CT findings to see if they were predictive of death, and identified 9 factors statistically associated with mortality.
More than 75% of participants agreed or strongly agreed that tele-ICU systems are useful in their jobs and offer an opportunity to improve patient care.
The CPSC has issued a safety statement regarding the new must-have product of the season: hoverboards.
Researchers found that MAPCs were able to modulate the aggressive behavior of macrophages in lab animals.
By reminding ourselves of a few small safety tips, the holidays can be safer and more fun for everyone.
Research and resources geared toward non-veterans is not sufficient enough to help them.
A potential advantage of the less invasive procedure is that it avoids trauma to surrounding tendons, nerves, vessels and muscles during surgery.
Risk stratification, drug screening, and pharmacogenetic testing should guide prescribing habits.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer