The opportunity exists to radically change the way medicine approaches TBI.
An anti-inflammatory diet may protect women against bone density loss and decrease the risk of hip fracture.
Elevated levels of neurofilament light proteins and decreased amyloid β in the CSF may represent markers of CNS injury among patients with postconcussive syndrome.
Acupuncture is more effective than standard care in relieving TBI-associated headaches and pain.
Despite legislation, there is a longer wait time for vital acute-care medications.
Many patients significantly underestimated their daytime sleepiness and sleep need.
Chronic hypopituitarism was noted in 44% of US veterans with mild traumatic brain injury.
Machine-learning platform uses entire shape of cerebral blood flow velocity waveforms.
A new study presented at the AAN 68th Annual Meeting in Vancouver, Canada, is shedding more light on the incidence and impact of traumatic injuries in NFL players.
There was also a significant difference in hospital costs between the discharged and admitted patients, with an average increase in $4291.50 for admitted patients.
Compared to traditional surgical drills, piezosurgery devices reduce trauma, pain, and swelling in patients undergoing plastic surgery of the chin (genioplasty), according to new research.
Rehabilitation following traumatic spinal cord injuries may lead to better outcomes, according to new research.
Wrist injuries are common after a fall on an outstretched hand, but ligament tears should also be considered in adults.
Both formulations offer an alternative delivery of the active drug ingredient.
Multiple instances of brain trauma do not always result in the development of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE).
Preschool children may be confused by scales designed for older children, and their responses may be idiosyncratic and hard to interpret.
Daily mild concussions in mice resulted in inflammation and damage to the brain's white matter.
Several studies suggest athletes undergo head trauma through the course of a season.
Researchers urge caution in weighing risks and benefits.
Acknowledging it is a key to coping, researchers say.
Fibrocartilage tissue in the knee consists of a more varied molecular structure than was previously realized
Notifying patients of potential winter storm-related harms ahead of time may help reduce injuries during blizzard-like conditions.
Researchers examined a variety of clinical, laboratory, and CT findings to see if they were predictive of death, and identified 9 factors statistically associated with mortality.
More than 75% of participants agreed or strongly agreed that tele-ICU systems are useful in their jobs and offer an opportunity to improve patient care.
The CPSC has issued a safety statement regarding the new must-have product of the season: hoverboards.
Researchers found that MAPCs were able to modulate the aggressive behavior of macrophages in lab animals.
By reminding ourselves of a few small safety tips, the holidays can be safer and more fun for everyone.
Research and resources geared toward non-veterans is not sufficient enough to help them.
A potential advantage of the less invasive procedure is that it avoids trauma to surrounding tendons, nerves, vessels and muscles during surgery.
Risk stratification, drug screening, and pharmacogenetic testing should guide prescribing habits.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Replacing Sleep, Sedentary Behavior With Physical Activity Beneficial in Knee Osteoarthritis
- The Role of Psychological Factors in Phantom Limb Pain Reviewed
- FDA Outlines Plan for New Analgesic Guidance to Combat Opioid Crisis
- Ozone vs Corticosteroids May Provide Longer-Lasting Effects for Plantar Fasciitis
- Rates of Concurrent Opioid, Sedative-Hypnotic Prescription Fills in Veterans
- Ketamine: Mechanisms of Action, Uses in Pain Medicine, and Side Effects
- Cannabis May Be Effective for Migraine Treatment
- Medicinal Cannabis May Not Have Opioid-Sparing Effects in Chronic Noncancer Pain
- Integrating Psychological Interventions Into Chronic Pain Management
- Chronic Neck Pain: Generators, Clinical Examination, MRI Findings, and Differential Diagnosis
- Pregabalin May Not Improve Analgesia During Medical Abortion
- Investigational Treatment Shows Promise in Chronic Low Back Pain
- Rheumatologist-Assessed vs Criteria for Inflammatory Back Pain in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Incorporating Guidelines Into Clinical Practice: An Interview With Gary L. LeRoy, MD
- Pain Severity May Partly Mediate the Association Between Depression and Physical Performance in Knee OA