Tocilizumab was associated with significant improvements in hemoglobin and hematocrit over 2 years of treatment in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
A multidisciplinary group of international experts has released recommendations for the use of biologics in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
No evidence was found of a higher cardiovascular risk among rheumatoid arthritis patients who switched from a different biologic drug or tofacitinib to tocilizumab vs to a tumor necrosis factor inhibitor.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioids: Clinician Concern and Prescribing Practices
- Quantity of Opioids Prescribed Linked to Higher Patient-Reported Consumption
- Ensuring Safety During Long-Term Opioid Therapy
- Screening for Hyperglycemia Prior to Steroid Injections for Chronic Pain
- Drug Overdose Mortality Rates Rising in the United States
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Intervention by Pharmacists May Effectively Reduce Use of Inappropriate Medications in the Elderly