THERAFLU WARMING RELIEF COLD AND CHEST CONGESTION OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 325mg, guaifenesin 200mg, phenylephrine HCl 5mg; per 15mL; liq; contains potassium 5mg/15mL, sodium 9mg/15mL; orange flavor.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for THERAFLU WARMING RELIEF COLD AND CHEST CONGESTION:
Minor aches and pains. Headache. Fever. Nasal and sinus congestion. Chest congestion.
30mL every 4 hours. Max 180mL/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Liver disease. Heart disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. COPD. Asthma. GI or GU obstruction. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + expectorant + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. β-blockers increase pressor effect of sympathomimetics. Antagonizes antihypertensives.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia; hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Chronic Neuropathic Pain Updated Classification by IASP for ICD-11
- Buprenorphine-Naloxone Found to Be More Cost-Effective Than Extended-Release Naltrexone
- Ultrasound-Guided C2 Coblation May Be Effective for Cervicogenic Headache
- Meta-Analysis of Opioid Treatment for Chronic Noncancer Pain
- Opioids Found to Increase Risk for Community-Acquired Pneumonia, Particularly in HIV
- Reviewing the Use of Buprenorphine in Perioperative Pain Management
- Early Physical Therapy for Musculoskeletal Pain May Reduce Opioid Use
- External Trigeminal Nerve Stimulation May Alleviate Migraine Pain
- IASP Updates Diagnosis Criteria for Chronic Primary Pain for ICD-11
- Galcanezumab Provides Persistent Preventive Effects in Episodic, Chronic Migraine
- Comparable Analgesia With Low-Dose IV Ketamine, Morphine for Acute Pain
- Benzodiazepines, if Prescribed, May Not Affect Methadone Treatment Retention
- When Opioid Prescribing Guidelines Become Rules
- IV Fluid Confers No Significant Treatment Effect on Migraine Pain
- American Headache Society Releases Position Statement on Novel Preventive and Acute Migraine Treatments