This cross-sectional, observational study sought to evaluate the accuracy of individuals with headache to appraise the relationship between potential trigger factors and headache events.
Investigators examined baseline and 1-year variables and their association with quality of sleep in chronic tension-type headaches.
Investigators sought to determine the relationship between headache and white matter hyperintensities.
Patients with tension-type headache experience benefit from acupuncture and stretching, especially in combination with pressure pain threshold physiotherapy hands-on techniques.
Patients with chronic tension-type headache have impairments in cognitive ability and neuroendocrine dysfunction.
Vestibular rehabilitation was found to ameliorate headache, dizziness, and psychological factors in patients with vestibular migraine or a combination of tension-type headache and dizziness.
There is a need for better assessment of autonomic symptoms in pediatric headache patients.
Non-medication approaches such as biofeedback and cognitive behavioral therapy may be helpful adjunct therapies and may help with more long-term coping strategies.
Adequate diagnosis and treatment of anxiety and depression needed for improved management of tension-type headaches.
Children and teens with chronic headache pain and suspected of having an underlying psychiatric disorder should be screened for anxiety and depression.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA Takes Steps to Reconcile Needs of Patients With Chronic Pain, Efforts to Curb Opioid Epidemic
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- To Improve Healthcare Policy, Congress Needs More Physicians
- Emergency Physicians Offer Recommendations for Identifying and Managing Opioid Use Disorder
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- The Ethical Argument Against Publishing Medical Research: What Responsibility Do Journal Editors Have?
- Poll: Should Migraineurs Avoid Headache Triggers?