TACLONEX OINTMENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcipotriene (as hydrate) 0.005% + betamethasone dipropionate 0.064%.
LEO Pharma Inc.
Indications for TACLONEX OINTMENT:
Apply to affected areas once daily for up to 4 weeks. 12–17yrs: max 60g/wk. ≥18yrs: max 100g/wk. Limit treatment area to 30% body surface area. Do not occlude.
Discontinue if hypercalcemia or hypercalciuria develop; may resume once calcium metabolism has normalized. Discontinue or reduce dose or potency if HPA axis suppression, Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, or irritation occurs. Do not use on face, axillae, or groin, or if atrophy is present at treatment site. Avoid eyes, sun, UV light (eg, phototherapy). Treat infection if present. Allergic contact dermatitis. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Vit. D3 derivative + topical steroid.
Systemic absorption potentiated by other corticosteroids.
Oint: pruritus, scaly rash. Susp: folliculitis, burning sensation of skin.
Oint—60g, 100g; Susp—60g, 2x60g
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioids: Clinician Concern and Prescribing Practices
- Manual Therapy vs Opioids for Management of Shoulder, Spine Pain
- Screening for Hyperglycemia Prior to Steroid Injections for Chronic Pain
- Ensuring Safety During Long-Term Opioid Therapy
- Intervention by Pharmacists May Effectively Reduce Use of Inappropriate Medications in the Elderly
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Prescription Digital Therapeutic Approved for Opioid Use Disorder
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency
- Give Thanks: The Role of Gratitude in Combating Burnout
- Persistent Back Pain Linked to Earlier Mortality in Older Women
- Cannabinoids May Be Effective on Experimental Pain Threshold and Tolerance, Not Intensity
- PainDETECT May Not Be Optimal to Detect Neuropathic Components of Orofacial Pain