TACLONEX OINTMENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcipotriene (as hydrate) 0.005% + betamethasone dipropionate 0.064%.
LEO Pharma Inc.
Indications for TACLONEX OINTMENT:
Apply to affected areas once daily for up to 4 weeks. 12–17yrs: max 60g/wk. ≥18yrs: max 100g/wk. Limit treatment area to 30% body surface area. Do not occlude.
Discontinue if hypercalcemia or hypercalciuria develop; may resume once calcium metabolism has normalized. Discontinue or reduce dose or potency if HPA axis suppression, Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, or irritation occurs. Do not use on face, axillae, or groin, or if atrophy is present at treatment site. Avoid eyes, sun, UV light (eg, phototherapy). Treat infection if present. Allergic contact dermatitis. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Vit. D3 derivative + topical steroid.
Systemic absorption potentiated by other corticosteroids.
Oint: pruritus, scaly rash. Susp: folliculitis, burning sensation of skin.
Oint—60g, 100g; Susp—60g, 2x60g
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Emergency Physicians Offer Recommendations for Identifying and Managing Opioid Use Disorder
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Higher PainDETECT Scores, Neuropathic Pain Preoperatively May Increase Risk for Chronic Pain Post-TKR
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Erenumab Reduces Monthly Migraine Days in Patients With Treatment-Resistant Migraine
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- Communication-Based Intervention Increases Goals-of-Care Discussions Between Physicians, Patients With Serious Illness