systemic lupus erythematosus
No association was found between current statin use and the risk of developing systemic lupus erythematosus.
Diffuse alveolar hemorrhage in childhood-onset SLE is associated with serious disease flares, and is complicated by sepsis and high mortality rate.
Certain inflammatory disorders may increase the risk for cardiometabolic events and all-cause mortality.
Cumulative steroid dosage is a risk factor for the development of osteonecrosis, which is the most frequent type of damage in lupus patients.
Adjunctive subcutaneous belimumab plus standard care improves SLE Responder Index response and decreases disease flares
The Montreal Cognitive Assessment is superior to the Mini-Mental State Examination at detecting cognitive dysfunction in SLE.
A genetic variant that is associated with both multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus erythematosus has been identified.
A multidisciplinary group of international experts has released recommendations for the use of biologics in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
Women who consume a moderate amount of alcohol daily had a reduced risk of developing systemic lupus erythematosus compared with women who did not consume alcohol at all.
The European League Against Rheumatism issued recommendations for women's health and family planning for patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and antiphospholipid syndrome.
Patients with systemic lupus erythematosus without overt neuropsychiatric symptoms displayed impairment of working spatial memory and cognitive dysfunction.
Women with systemic lupus erythematosus are at elevated risk for high-risk HPV infection over time.
Telerheumatology can improve healthcare access, patient outcomes, and costs
Two day event will urge $32 billion in research funding for the National Institutes of Health.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Population Study
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis