systemic lupus erythematosus
The relationship between pain and cognitive dysfunction was explained by sleep disturbance and depressive symptoms.
No association was found between current statin use and the risk of developing systemic lupus erythematosus.
Diffuse alveolar hemorrhage in childhood-onset SLE is associated with serious disease flares, and is complicated by sepsis and high mortality rate.
Certain inflammatory disorders may increase the risk for cardiometabolic events and all-cause mortality.
Cumulative steroid dosage is a risk factor for the development of osteonecrosis, which is the most frequent type of damage in lupus patients.
Adjunctive subcutaneous belimumab plus standard care improves SLE Responder Index response and decreases disease flares
The Montreal Cognitive Assessment is superior to the Mini-Mental State Examination at detecting cognitive dysfunction in SLE.
A genetic variant that is associated with both multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus erythematosus has been identified.
A multidisciplinary group of international experts has released recommendations for the use of biologics in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
Women who consume a moderate amount of alcohol daily had a reduced risk of developing systemic lupus erythematosus compared with women who did not consume alcohol at all.
The European League Against Rheumatism issued recommendations for women's health and family planning for patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and antiphospholipid syndrome.
Patients with systemic lupus erythematosus without overt neuropsychiatric symptoms displayed impairment of working spatial memory and cognitive dysfunction.
Women with systemic lupus erythematosus are at elevated risk for high-risk HPV infection over time.
Telerheumatology can improve healthcare access, patient outcomes, and costs
Two day event will urge $32 billion in research funding for the National Institutes of Health.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation
- FDA Proposes New Restrictions on Sale of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds