Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine 70mg, tetracaine 70mg; topical patch.
Galen US Inc.
Indications for SYNERA:
For local dermal analgesia for superficial venous access and superficial dermatological procedures (eg, excision, electrodessication, shave biopsy of skin lesions).
Adults and Children:
<3yrs: see full labeling. Apply to intact skin. ≥3yrs: Prior to venipuncture or IV cannulation: apply for 20–30 mins. Superficial dermatological procedures (eg, excision, shave biopsy): apply for 30 mins prior to procedure. Remove patch if irritation or burning sensation occurs. Do not cut patches or remove top cover (may cause thermal injury). Do not cover holes on top side of patch.
Avoid simultaneous or sequential application or for longer than recommended. Severe hepatic disease or pseudocholinesterase deficiency. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, broken or inflamed skin, inadvertent trauma (eg, scratching, rubbing, exposure to extreme temperatures). Remove before undergoing MRI (contains iron powder). Effect on intradermal live vaccines unknown. Congenital or idiopathic methemoglobinemia. Acutely ill or debilitated. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Toxicity potentiated by Class I antiarrhythmics (eg, tocainide, mexiletine), other local anesthetics.
Local reactions (eg, erythema, blanching, edema), anaphylactoid reactions.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis