Calling a preoperative evaluation a "clearance," in fact, belittles the purpose of the assessment, and provides little in terms of meaningful information to the surgeon.
Elevated rates of new persistent opioid use were found in patients undergoing both minor and major surgical procedures.
An association was found between sleep quality and next-day pain intensity in children undergoing major surgery.
Patients with a history of migraine have an increased risk for ischemic stroke after surgery, leading to more hospital readmissions.
A prophylactic low dose of dexmedetomidine was found to reduce the incidence of delirium in older adults following surgery.
A decision aid can increase the rate of total knee replacement surgery among black patients with knee OA.
Chronic opioid use following surgery occurs because surgery may unmask an individual's susceptibility toward long-term opioid use
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Parenteral Hydromorphone for Migraine and ED Revisits
- Tackling the Chronic Pain and Opioid Use Disorder Crises Through Public-Private Partnerships
- Pain Tolerance in Buprenorphine Maintenance Treatment
- The State of Drug Storage, Disposal Labeling Information for Opioid Analgesics
- Incidence of Musculoskeletal Disorders, Depression in Migraine
- Radiofrequency Ablation for Chronic Hip Pain: Reviewing the Evidence
- Opioid Use Disorder Treatment: Evidence-Based Guideline
- Peripheral Neuropathy Management in the Primary Care Setting: A Guide
- Betel Quid Addiction and Implications for Substance Use Disorder
- Low Back Pain: Contributing Factors, Prophylactic Strategies, and Effective Treatments
- Medication Adherence, Blood Pressure Reduction Assessed With Smartphone App Use
- Reviewing the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Cannabis-Based Medicines for Chronic Neuropathic Pain
- Lumbar Sympathetic Block for Post-Amputation-Associated Pain: Case Series
- ACP: Recommendations to Combat Negative Hidden Curricula in Medicine
- Does Immunity from Medical Malpractice Lead to Improved Patient Care?