Generic Name and Formulations:
Pseudoephedrine HCl 30mg; tabs.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for SUDAFED:
60mg every 4–6 hrs; max 4 doses/24hrs.
<6yrs: use other forms. 6–11yrs: 30mg every 4–6 hrs; max 4 doses/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Diabetes. Thyroid disease. GI or GU obstruction.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia.
Tabs—24, 48, 96; 12hr—10, 20; 24hr—5, 10
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis