Dike Drummond, MD, and CEO of The Happy MD, an organization focused on physician burnout prevention and leadership, shares his insights on how to tackle compassion fatigue and burnout in the emergency department.
Tools and resources have been developed to help address physician burnout at the systems level, which may affect more than half of doctors.
High levels of stress may be associated with poor acute treatment outcomes in patients with chronic migraine.
Among individuals diagnosed with episodic migraines, stressful events can accurately predict an individual's risk of a headache, even before the onset of prodromal symptoms.
An intervention to foster resilience among professional women at high risk for stress and burnout is beneficial.
Both patients with migraine and migraine-free control patients with photophobia were found to exhibit higher rates of depression, anxiety, and stress than individuals without photophobia.
A 3-week interdisciplinary rehabilitation program reduces pain and improves physical and psychological function in patients with chronic headaches.
Psychological factors may influence the severity and duration of pain following surgery.
A high proportion of individuals with IBS have comorbid anxiety and depression affecting the HPA axis and microbiota.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Population Study
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis