SOMINEX MAX STR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphenhydramine HCl 50mg; tabs.
Indications for SOMINEX MAX STR:
Short-term (≤ 2 weeks) treatment of insomnia.
50mg at bedtime.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Glaucoma. Hyperthyroidism. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. GI or urinary obstruction. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Concomitant diphenhydramine products (including topicals): not recommended. Additive effects with other other anticholinergics.
Drowsiness, dizziness, anticholinergic effects, paradoxical excitement.
Original (tabs)—16, 32, 72
Max Strength (caplets)—16
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Predicting Pain Chronicization After Spine Surgery
- Chronic Low Back Pain Levels Vary Between Sex and Race
- FDA Approval of Medication With a Digital Monitoring System: Major Breakthrough or "Brave New World"?
- Errors in Clinical Notes Generated by Speech Recognition Are Not Uncommon
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?