Generic Name and Formulations:
Secnidazole 2g; per pkt; oral granules.
Symbiomix Therapeutics, LLC
Indications for SOLOSEC:
Do not dissolve in liquid. Sprinkle contents onto applesauce, yogurt or pudding; consume within 30mins without chewing or crunching; may follow with a glass of water. ≥18yrs: give single 2g packet once orally.
<18yrs: not established.
Hypersensitivity to other nitroimidazole derivatives.
Avoid chronic use. Treat with antifungal if vulvo-vaginal candidiasis occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 96hrs after dose or, may pump and discard milk during this time period).
Vulvo-vaginal candidiasis, headache, nausea, dysgeusia, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, vulvo-vaginal pruritus.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Pharmacologically Induced Headache Accompanied by Dilated Cephalic Vessels
- IV Lidocaine May Be Safe, Efficacious for Pediatric Status Migraine
- Gray Matter Changes in Migraine Associated With Clinical Characteristics