Investigators sought to determine the association between smoking and headache.
Abstinent smokers may have reduced preoperative pain tolerance and increased postoperative opioid use compared with nonsmokers.
A physician's insights on the growing vape market and whether or not vaping is a better option for smoking cessation.
This article discusses the most prevalent risk factors, as well as the clinical signs and symptoms, associated with RA.
This study also suggests that genetic factors, environmental factors and inflammation are independent predictors of radiographic progression in the SI joint in early axial SpA.
Age and cigarette smoking are associated with inflammatory joint signs in a high-risk cohort of RA first-degree relatives.
Smoking and the intense headaches could work together to cause vascular changes within the body, potentially interrupting blood supply to the brain, according to the study, published today in the journal Neurology.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA Takes Steps to Reconcile Needs of Patients With Chronic Pain, Efforts to Curb Opioid Epidemic
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- FDA to Review Long-Acting Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder
- Half of Patients Referred for Behavioral Treatment of Migraine Never Initiate Treatment
- Low-Dose Sumatriptan Injection Effective as Acute Migraine Treatment
- The Fight for Patient Privacy Under Big Data Analytics