SLOW FE PLUS FOLIC ACID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Iron, elemental 50mg (as ferrous sulfate 160mg), folic acid 0.4mg; sust-rel tabs.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for SLOW FE PLUS FOLIC ACID:
Iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemias.
Swallow whole. 1–2 tabs daily.
Hepatitis. Pancreatitis. Peptic ulcer or GI inflammation. Achlorhydria. Monitor hematocrit. Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. Repeated blood transfusions. Elderly.
Inhibits tetracycline absorption.
Nausea, abdominal discomfort and pain, constipation, diarrhea, masks occult bleeding, black stools.
Slow Fe—30, 60, 90; Plus folic acid—20
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Pediatric Opioid Prescriptions Have Declined Since 2012
- Intervention by Pharmacists May Effectively Reduce Use of Inappropriate Medications in the Elderly
- ACA Coverage Substantial, but Did Not Impact Labor Markets
- AMA to Collect Data on Suicide Among Doctors-in-Training
- Smartphone App Improves Management of Cancer-Related Pain, Anxiety