Investigators examined baseline and 1-year variables and their association with quality of sleep in chronic tension-type headaches.
The presence of sleep disorders in children with chronic pain may result in greater pain levels and pain interference, a relationship that may in part be mediated by anxiety and depressive symptoms.
For youth with chronic pain, researchers found that sleep quality partially mediated the relationships between PTSD and pain intensity and interference.
A stepwise pain treatment may improve sleep in nursing home patients with dementia and depression.
Poor sleep quality partially mediates relationships between post-traumatic stress syndrome and severity of chronic pain in pediatric patients.
Filorexant is not effective in relieving painful diabetic neuropathy-related pain.
Patients with hypothyroidism and obesity are more likely to experience lower oxygen saturation during sleep.
Discrepancies in Subjective vs Objective Sleep in Patients Receiving Buprenorphine for Opioid Use DisorderJune 20, 2017
Patients receiving buprenorphine maintenance therapy for their opioid use disorder may have impaired sleep, despite their reports of improved quality and duration of sleep.
Outcome measurement tools for psoriatic arthritis have been updated by the Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis.
An association was found between sleep quality and next-day pain intensity in children undergoing major surgery.
SHUTi represents "an attractive solution to challenges of scalability."
A Pain-Related Beliefs and Attitudes about Sleep scale assesses attitudes about sleep among individuals with chronic pain.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Supervised Injection Sites: Facts, Information, Pros, and Cons
- Chronic Pain May Be a Contributing Factor to Suicide
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Intrathecal Morphine, Ziconotide for Cancer- and Noncancer Chronic Pain
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Factors Associated With Suboptimal Interscalene Brachial Plexus Block for Arthroscopy
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- Scholarship Support Limited for Veterans Enrolling in MD Programs
- Alpha and Beta Band Activity in MS-Related Chronic Pain
- New Opioid-Induced Constipation Management Guidelines Available