No association was found between current statin use and the risk of developing systemic lupus erythematosus.
Diffuse alveolar hemorrhage in childhood-onset SLE is associated with serious disease flares, and is complicated by sepsis and high mortality rate.
Researchers have created a set of 21 candidate criteria for systemic lupus erythematosus as apart of a multiphase development of a set of criteria for the disease.
Fractional exhaled nitric oxide monitoring may provide a potential biomarker of disease activity and signify the emergency of pulmonary involvement in children with SLE.
The risk for death associated with SLE remains high for patients with SLE-associated PAH and researchers have identified the biomarkers that may lead to early detection.
Adjunctive subcutaneous belimumab plus standard care improves SLE Responder Index response and decreases disease flares
The Montreal Cognitive Assessment is superior to the Mini-Mental State Examination at detecting cognitive dysfunction in SLE.
A genetic variant that is associated with both multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus erythematosus has been identified.
A multidisciplinary group of international experts has released recommendations for the use of biologics in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
Women who consume a moderate amount of alcohol daily had a reduced risk of developing systemic lupus erythematosus compared with women who did not consume alcohol at all.
Patients with systemic lupus erythematosus without overt neuropsychiatric symptoms displayed impairment of working spatial memory and cognitive dysfunction.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Supervised Injection Sites: Facts, Information, Pros, and Cons
- Chronic Pain May Be a Contributing Factor to Suicide
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Predicting Success of Focal Nerve Surgery Based on Diagnostic Block Response
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- FDA Announces Draft Guidance for Consumer OTC Access to Previously Prescription Drugs
- Maryland Legislature: Will Federal Courts Permit State Regulation of Drug Prices?
- Understanding the Cause is Necessary to Treating Physician Burnout