Generic Name and Formulations:
Tedizolid phosphate 200mg; tabs.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for SIVEXTRO:
Susceptible acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI).
≥18yrs: 200mg once daily for 6 days.
<18yrs: not established.
Not adequately evaluated in patients with neutropenia (ANC <1000 cells/mm3); consider alternate therapies. Risk of C. difficile-associated diarrhea; discontinue if suspected or confirmed. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Tabs: May potentiate oral BCRP substrates; consider interrupting co-administered substrates esp. those with narrow therapeutic index (eg, methotrexate, topotecan); monitor if coadministration (including rosuvastatin) is necessary.
Nausea, headache, diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness.
Tabs—6 (blister pack), 30; single-use vials—10
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis