Generic Name and Formulations:
Betamethasone (as dipropionate) 0.05%; spray.
Promius Pharma, LLC
Indications for SERNIVO:
Mild-to-moderate plaque psoriasis.
≥18yrs: apply to affected areas twice daily for up to max 4 weeks; discontinue when control is achieved. Do not occlude.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use. Avoid use on face, scalp, axilla, groin, or other intertriginous areas. Do not use on pre-existing skin atrophy. Risk of HPA axis suppression with high-potency steroids, prolonged use, application to large surface area, use of occlusive dressings, altered skin barrier, liver failure, young age; discontinue gradually, reduce dose, or substitute with less potent corticosteroid if occurs. Avoid abrupt cessation in chronic use. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Pruritus, burning, stinging, pain, atrophy; allergic contact dermatitis (discontinue if irritation occurs), HPA axis suppression (esp. in children); rare: Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, glucosuria.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- FDA Approves Minimally-Invasive, Non-Drug Therapy for Pain Management
- Chronic Migraine and Medication Overuse Headache Linked to Stress
- Set of Personality Traits May Predict Prescription Drug Use, Misuse in Young Adults
- The Opioid Crisis: District by District
- Opioid Administration, Prescribing in the ED on the Decline in Recent Years