Generic Name and Formulations:
Selenium sulfide 2.5%; lotion.
Indications for SELSUN:
Tinea versicolor, dandruff, seborrheic scalp dermatitis.
T. versicolor: apply once daily, lather with small amount of water, wait 10 minutes, rinse; repeat for 7 days. Dandruff, dermatitis: massage into wet scalp, wait 2–3 minutes, rinse; repeat. Use twice weekly for 2 wks, then as needed.
Avoid eyes, mucous membranes; acute inflammation or exudation (increases absorption). Rinse skin folds/genitals, wash hands thoroughly after use.
Irritation, sensitization, oily/dry scalp, increased hair loss.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis