A negative pain mindset - catastrophizing - undermines pain treatment effectiveness and facilitates structural brain changes that serve to maintain pain and distress.
🎥 The long-established 'Pain Catastrophizing Scale' takes magnification, rumination and helplessness into account. Researchers at the University of Alabama considered additional measures of negative cognition associated with pain to reach a 'global catastrophizing measure'.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Manual Therapy vs Opioids for Management of Shoulder, Spine Pain
- Greater Temporal Summation of Pain in HIV With Chronic Pain
- FDA Warns Two Companies About Bogus Opioid Addiction Treatment
- Prescription Digital Therapeutic Approved for Opioid Use Disorder
- A Potential Biomarker for Predicting Antibody Treatment Efficacy in Migraine