Generic Name and Formulations:
Ramelteon 8mg; tabs.
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
Indications for ROZEREM:
Take 8mg within 30min of bedtime. Do not take with high-fat/heavy meals (delays effect).
Severe hepatic impairment. Concomitant fluvoxamine.
Severe COPD, severe obstructive sleep apnea: not recommended. Moderate hepatic impairment. Depression. Behavioral changes. Monitor prolactin and testosterone levels if unexplained amenorrhea, galactorrhea, decreased libido, or fertility problems occur. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Hypnotic (melatonin agonist).
See Contraindications. Avoid alcohol. Potentiated by potent inhibitors of CYP1A2, CYP3A4 (eg, ketoconazole), CYP2C9 (eg, fluconazole). Antagonized by potent CYP450 inducers (eg, rifampin).
Somnolence, complex sleep-related behaviors (eg, sleep-driving), dizziness, fatigue; reduced testosterone or cortisol levels, increased prolactin levels (monitor if occurs); anaphylaxis, angioedema, others (see literature).
Tabs—30, 100, 500
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis