Generic Name and Formulations:
Benzoyl peroxide 5.5%, 9.5%; foam.
Indications for RIAX:
Apply thin layer, and rinse thoroughly 1–3 times daily as tolerated. May reduce to once daily or every other day if dryness or peeling occurs.
Avoid eyes, lips, mouth, sun exposure. Discontinue if irritation or sensitivity develops. May bleach fabrics or hair.
Antibacterial + keratolytic.
Skin irritation (eg, redness, burning, itching, peeling, swelling), excessive dryness.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer