Regeneron and Sanofi announced that the FDA has approved Kevzara (sarilumab) injection to treat adults with moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis.
Patients with early RA treated with very low-dose glucocorticoids over 7 years experienced similar toxicity as patients who were not treated with glucocorticoids.
Pfizer has announced top-line results from its Phase 3B/4 study comparing treatment with Xeljanz to adalimumab in patients with moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis.
This low rate of use in rheumatology patients is in stark contrast to the high rates of severe arthritis frequently reported by medicinal marijuana users.
"Within patients with clinically suspect arthralgia, anti-citrullinated protein antibody was associated with increased risks on progression to clinical arthritis."
"Improved pain management should be explored in patients who report high disease activity."
MBDA scores combined with ACPA testing allowed researchers to predict RA relapse in more than 80% of patients.
Rheumatology Advisor speaks with Erin Michos, MD, cardiologist at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, and Eric Matteson, MD, rheumatologist at Mayo Clinic, about refining cardiovascular risk assessment in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Erelzi, a biosimilar for Enbrel, treats rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory diseases.
Significant clinical improvement was reported after adding intramuscular gold therapy to methotrexate.
Much of the disability associated with RA relates to the pain secondary to inflammatory joint inflammation.
Once we better understand the role of each disease's specific autoantibody and how they are causing pain, we can move on to developing targeted therapies.
Foot synovitis may predict patients who are at higher risk of unstable rheumatoid arthritis (RA) remission.
Foot synovitis may predict patients who are at higher risk of unstable RA remission.
The pregnant patient with rheumatoid arthritis may need to have pain medication changed due to potential effects on the fetus.
Serotonin shows it plays a fundamental role in RA through regulation of the Th17/T-regulatory cell balance.
In prospective cohort study of women, elevated risk for rheumatoid arthritis is independent of smoking.
A molecule found in green tea may block a protein that causes the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
Patients seen in practices with NPs or PAs had lower RA disease activity over 2 years compared to those seen in rheumatologist-only practices.
The likelihood of achieving remission based on ACR/EULAR criteria was 52% higher when a treat-to-target strategy was followed.
Review examines neuropsychiatric manifestations associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
Patients treated with viscosupplementation had a 15% and 11% greater chance of achieving OARSI responder status than did those treated with intra-articular corticosteroids and placebo, respectively.
After engaging in an exercise program, participants' muscle and joint pain decreased by a significant 32%.
Recent questionnaires reveal differences in patient experiences with fibromyalgia.
Improvement in disease activity for patients with vitamin D deficiency at baseline.
While positive effects were seen, they were small and not statistically significant at 24 weeks.
Similar benefits seen with weekly 50 mg dose versus daily 10 mg dose.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation
- FDA Proposes New Restrictions on Sale of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds