Generic Name and Formulations:
Temazepam 7.5mg, 15mg, 22.5mg, 30mg; caps.
Indications for RESTORIL:
Short-term (7–10 days) treatment of insomnia.
Use lowest effective dose. Usual dose: 7.5mg–30mg at bedtime. Elderly or debilitated: initially 7.5mg. Max 1 month/℞.
<18yrs: not established.
Risks from concomitant use with opioids.
Risks from concomitant use with opioids (see Interactions). Suicidal tendencies. Depression. Pulmonary, renal, or hepatic impairment. Drug or alcohol abuse. Reevaluate if used ≥2 weeks. Sleep disturbances after stopping drug. Avoid abrupt cessation after prolonged use. Elderly. Nursing mothers.
Increased sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death with concomitant opioids; reserve use in those for whom alternative treatment options are inadequate; if needed, limit dosages/durations to minimum and monitor. Additive CNS depressant effects with alcohol or other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, headache, fatigue, nervousness, lethargy, dizziness, hangover, confusion, weakness, paradoxical excitement, euphoria; sleep-driving and other complex behaviors (eg, preparing/eating food), anaphylaxis, angioedema.
Caps 7.5mg—30, 100; 22.5mg—30; 15mg, 30mg—100
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- FDA Approves Minimally-Invasive, Non-Drug Therapy for Pain Management
- Chronic Migraine and Medication Overuse Headache Linked to Stress
- Set of Personality Traits May Predict Prescription Drug Use, Misuse in Young Adults
- The Opioid Crisis: District by District
- Opioid Administration, Prescribing in the ED on the Decline in Recent Years