Researchers evaluated how the residency experience affects sleep, physical activity, and mood among 33 first-year residents.
Depressive symptoms increase during medical internships for both men and women, but the increase is greater among women.
We are lagging in terms of regulating work hours and wellness. We are behind in getting help for physicians suffering from addiction and depression. We are behind in demanding better pay, and we continue to tolerate pay cuts despite our rising costs.
Over the course of my residency, challenging though it was at times, I was gradually transformed into a real doctor.
President Donald Trump's executive order that bans nationals of 7 countries from entering the United States for at least 90 days will have a deleterious effect on graduate medical education.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Predicting Pain Chronicization After Spine Surgery
- Chronic Low Back Pain Levels Vary Between Sex and Race
- FDA Approval of Medication With a Digital Monitoring System: Major Breakthrough or "Brave New World"?
- Errors in Clinical Notes Generated by Speech Recognition Are Not Uncommon
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?