There's only one way to resolve the dissonance between personal beliefs and professional obligations: remembering that physicians take an oath pledging fealty to patients' health, not their own belief systems.
Medical safety organizations and advocates from over 20 countries address the use of technologies to reduce errors and establish an international barcode standard for drug labeling and packaging.
New laws and regulations designed to limit the use of prescription narcotics may further constrain doctors' ability to treat patients.
The draft guidance, Innovative Approaches for Nonprescription Drug Products, applies to drugs under the New Drug Application (NDA) process and "is intended to extend that NDA pathway to include therapeutic indications that have not, historically, been available for use without a prescription," said Gottlieb in a press statement.
People often reveal detailed, sensitive data about their health via new technologies.
Introduced by the Trump administration in March 2018, the MyHealthEData initiative seeks to broaden patient access to electronic health records and insurance claims information.
In an era in which technology constantly evolves and becomes smarter by the day, it's not surprising that healthcare costs continue to climb.
Utilizing the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project State Inpatient Databases, changes in insurance coverage and risk adjusted outcomes among adults aged 19 to 44 years who were hospitalized for injuries before and after Medicaid expansion are explored.
System expansions in the current healthcare environment are making clear impacts on clinical care and patient safety.
The denial or delay of visas for international students is disruptive to both the training program and to patient care.
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued draft guidance for industry regarding the science and ethics of including pregnant women in drug development clinical trials.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer