There's only one way to resolve the dissonance between personal beliefs and professional obligations: remembering that physicians take an oath pledging fealty to patients' health, not their own belief systems.
The announcement comes in the wake of results from the 2018 National Youth Tobacco Survey which showed a 78% increase in current e-cigarette use among high school students from 2017 to 2018.
Reports of pump failure, dosing errors, as well as other possible safety issues have prompted the Agency to issue the alert to make prescribers aware of the dangers associated with using medications not approved for intrathecal use.
Employer-sponsored wellness programs can put physicians in an unenviable position.
Updated cholesterol guidelines offer more personalized cardiovascular disease risk assessment.
The $67 billion merger between Cigna and Express Scripts will be the first of its kind.
Excessive numbers of negative clinical trials — many of which may be false-negative trials — are a major impediment to the advancement of critical care medicine.
Beneficiaries identified as "high cost" were likely to stay high cost over a 3 year period.
Doing without medical care is much more common among low-income residents of states that have not expanded Medicaid than among low-income people in other states.
The 23andMe Personal Genome Service Pharmacogenetic Reports test can detect 33 variants for multiple genes, corresponding to more than 50 commonly prescribed medications and over-the-counter products.
Data show that there is a significant difference in how black patients are treated compared with patients of other races.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation
- FDA Proposes New Restrictions on Sale of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds