Generic Name and Formulations:
Silodosin 4mg, 8mg; caps.
Indications for RAPAFLO:
Benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Take with food once daily. Normal renal function: 8mg. Renal impairment (CrCl 30–50mL/min): 4mg. Difficulty swallowing pills/caps: may open caps and sprinkle contents on a tablespoonful of applesauce; swallow immediately (within 5mins) without chewing and follow with an 8oz glass of water.
Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min). Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh score ≥10). Concomitant potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, clarithromycin, ritonavir).
Not for treating hypertension. Exclude prostate cancer. Anticipated cataract surgery (may cause intraoperative floppy iris syndrome; advise ophthalmologist). Pregnancy (Cat.B), nursing mothers: not applicable (not indicated for use in women).
See Contraindications. Concomitant other α-blockers, other strong P-glycoprotein inhibitors (eg, cyclosporine): not recommended. May be potentiated by moderate CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, erythromycin, diltiazem, verapamil). Caution with other antihypertensives or PDE-5 inhibitors.
Retrograde ejaculation, dizziness, diarrhea, orthostatic hypotension, headache, nasopharyngitis, nasal congestion.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis