For this review, the authors searched 5 large databases for studies that compared the use of anticonvulsants (i.e., topiramate, gabapentin, pregabalin) in adult patients with LBP, sciatica, or neurogenic claudication with placebo.
Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections Effective for Pain Relief in Lumbar Foraminal Spinal StenosisFebruary 13, 2018
Transforaminal epidural steroid injections may be more effective in relieving pain in patients with mild to moderate vs severe lower extremity radicular pain associated with lumbar foraminal spinal stenosis.
Chemonucleolysis With Radiopaque Gelified Ethanol May Be Effective Analgesic for Chronic Radicular PainDecember 11, 2017
The use of percutaneous chemonucleolysis with radiopaque gelified ethanol may be safe and effective for patients with treatment-resistant chronic radicular leg pain.
Similar efficacy, superior safety of nonparticulate vs particulate corticosteroids for alleviating radicular pain.
Transforaminal approach to the treatment of cervical radicular pain presents risks.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Supervised Injection Sites: Facts, Information, Pros, and Cons
- Chronic Pain May Be a Contributing Factor to Suicide
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Lower Weighting of Hand Cortical Representations in CRPS
- Predicting Success of Focal Nerve Surgery Based on Diagnostic Block Response
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- FDA Announces Draft Guidance for Consumer OTC Access to Previously Prescription Drugs
- Maryland Legislature: Will Federal Courts Permit State Regulation of Drug Prices?