Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids, acellular pertussis; aluminum phosphate adsorbed + inactivated poliovirus vaccine; susp for IM inj; contains 2-phenoxyethanol, and residual amounts of formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, bovine serum albumin, neomycin, polymyxin B; preservative-free.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for QUADRACEL:
Active immunization against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, and poliomyelitis in children 4–6yrs of age: as 5th dose in DTaP series or as 4th or 5th dose in the IPV series following 4 doses of Pentacel and/or Daptacel.
<4yrs or >6yrs: not established. 4–6yrs: Each dose is 0.5mL IM, given once into deltoid muscle.
Anaphylaxis associated with any previous dose or component. Encephalopathy within 7 days of a previous pertussis-containing vaccine. Progressive neurologic disorders (eg, infantile spasms, uncontrolled epilepsy, or progressive encephalopathy).
Fever (≥105°F within 48 hours), persistent inconsolable crying (≥3 hours within 48 hours), shock (within 48 hours), seizures (within 3 days), Guillain-Barre Syndrome (within 6 weeks) of previous tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine. Immunocompromised. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
DTaP + IPV.
Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling. Immunosuppressants (eg, radiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids): may get suboptimal response.
Inj site reactions (eg, pain, increase in arm circumference, erythema, swelling), mylagia, malaise, headache, fever.
Single-dose vials (0.5mL)—10
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis