Generic Name and Formulations:
Beclomethasone dipropionate 40mcg, 80mcg; per actuation; non-aqueous nasal spray soln.
Indications for QNASL:
Seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not established. 4–11yrs: 1 spray (40mcg) in each nostril once daily; max: 2 sprays per day. ≥12yrs: 2 sprays (80mcg) in each nostril once daily; max: 4 sprays per day.
Avoid in recent nasal septal ulcers, nasal surgery, or nasal trauma until healed. Monitor periodically for possible changes in nasal mucosa or Candida infection with long-term use. Discontinue if nasal erosion/ulceration or Candida infection occur (treat with local therapy). Change in vision, history of increased intraocular pressure, blurred vision, glaucoma, and/or cataracts: monitor closely. Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Untreated infections (eg, fungal, bacterial, viral, ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with intranasal corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, lassitude, depression). Monitor for hypercorticism and adrenal suppression (if occur discontinue gradually). Monitor for growth suppression in children. Avoid eyes, mouth and face. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Nasal discomfort, epistaxis, headache, pyrexia, upper respiratory tract infection, nasopharyngitis; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occurs).
Aerosol 40mcg—4.9g (60 actuations), 8.7g (120 actuations); 80mcg—8.7g (120 actuations)
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis