"Infodemiology" and "infoveillance" are terms used to describe an emerging approach to public health research, based on Google Trends big data monitoring and data mining.
The National Vaccine Advisory Committee highlighted 5 core concepts and strategies that can increase integration of social psychological components with health communication principles to improve the perceived benefits of adult vaccination.
Scientists warn that unless there is an adequate response and proactive measures are taken, society will soon have to deal with direct and indirect effects of the changing climate on human health.
Opioid Crisis Declared Public Health Emergency by White House: Implications According to Pain SpecialistsOctober 27, 2017
On October 26, 2017, President Trump declared the opioid epidemic a national public health emergency.
The 40th annual CDC report summarizes health trends in the US, including an increase in life expectancy and a decrease in infant mortality.
Substance Use Disorder is a chronic medical condition, and should be treated like one.
Clinical Pain Advisor offers comprehensive coverage of the American Academy of Pain Medicine's annual meeting, March 16-19, 2017, in Orlando, Florida.
"Ultimately, the goal is to turn our clinics into research laboratories where every single patient is characterized," noted Dr Mackey.
Pot-related poison control calls and hospital discharges spike with wider availability.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Predicting Pain Chronicization After Spine Surgery
- Chronic Low Back Pain Levels Vary Between Sex and Race
- FDA Approval of Medication With a Digital Monitoring System: Major Breakthrough or "Brave New World"?
- Errors in Clinical Notes Generated by Speech Recognition Are Not Uncommon
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?