"Infodemiology" and "infoveillance" are terms used to describe an emerging approach to public health research, based on Google Trends big data monitoring and data mining.
The National Vaccine Advisory Committee highlighted 5 core concepts and strategies that can increase integration of social psychological components with health communication principles to improve the perceived benefits of adult vaccination.
Scientists warn that unless there is an adequate response and proactive measures are taken, society will soon have to deal with direct and indirect effects of the changing climate on human health.
Opioid Crisis Declared Public Health Emergency by White House: Implications According to Pain SpecialistsOctober 27, 2017
On October 26, 2017, President Trump declared the opioid epidemic a national public health emergency.
The 40th annual CDC report summarizes health trends in the US, including an increase in life expectancy and a decrease in infant mortality.
Substance Use Disorder is a chronic medical condition, and should be treated like one.
Clinical Pain Advisor offers comprehensive coverage of the American Academy of Pain Medicine's annual meeting, March 16-19, 2017, in Orlando, Florida.
"Ultimately, the goal is to turn our clinics into research laboratories where every single patient is characterized," noted Dr Mackey.
Pot-related poison control calls and hospital discharges spike with wider availability.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Managing Comorbid Opioid and Alcohol Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- What Do Clinicians Do in Response to Aberrant Urine Drug Test Results?
- Photo Elicitation on Social Media Can Provide Perspective to Patients With Chronic Pain
- Patients Assume Postoperative Opioids Are Best for Pain Relief
- Educational Disabilities More Likely With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- When Will Medicine Join the Women's Movement?